Golly, it’s been a LONG time since I’ve last posted. I use to post almost every day… Life and sudden changes got in the way, but now I’m gradually getting back into everything I put on the back burner. I personally hate posting pictures of the food I make unless it looks perfect. I almost didn’t want to post this because I took the picture with my phone. I’m a little picky when it comes to food photography. But, I’m posting it!! It’s been too long!
Fall/ Winter is my favorite time of year! I love the cold, crisp air. The colorful fall leaves, dancing around beautifully with the wind. And of course, sweaters! It’s such a magical time of year. It also involves lots of soup and warm, soothing drinks.
I don’t have an exact recipe for this soup, because everything was estimated and thrown into the pan. Creating a magical, tasteful dinner. However, I will tell you everything that was used to create this warming soup and my estimated approach of how much of each ingredient is in there.
Ingredients: Serves about 4-6 people
- 1 organic fennel
- 1 organic leek
- 3 organic celery stalks
- 1 organic zucchini
- 3 cups organic spinach
- 1 pint organic crimini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon organic fresh grated ginger
- 1 lb organic free range chicken breast
- 4 cups+ organic chicken bone broth
- organic ghee
- turmeric powder
- chili powder
- pepper / himalayan sea salt
- In a large pot melt ghee. Chop fennel, leeks, celery, zucchini and mushrooms. Sautee it all in the ghee. Season with salt and pepper. Add bone broth
- Cut chicken breast into cubes. Season with turmeric, chili powder, salt. Cook in ghee.
- Add chicken to veggie mix. Add fresh grated ginger, more turmeric, chili powder, salt, pepper, to taste. Add spinach. Add more bone broth if needed to reach desired consistency.
- TADA! And that’s all you need to do for a healthy, delicious dinner!
Enjoy each and every day. Stay happy and healthy! I’ll try to post more and more 🙂