Mmmm! Can we all just stare at this picture for awhile? Seriously… I’m not even kidding when I say, “this chicken was exploding with flavor in my mouth”. I literally saw little coconut people dancing around the room, throwing coconut flakes all around me, singing a coconut chicken song. The crust is perfectly crusted and has the right amount of coconut bursting out of it. The chicken is tender and ever so moist. When you bite into the chicken you first get a slap-in-the-face from the golden brown coconut crust, then you hit the juicy chicken breasts. The breast has absorbed the delicious coconut oil and infused the coconut flavor deep inside the tender breast, leaving your mouth with so much satisfaction you.just.have.to.have.more…
What pairs perfectly with this ever so juicy, crispy, cocolicious chicken? A grilled peach salad tossed with balsamic vinegar and olive oil! The peaches are soft, sweet and almost caramelized. They give off a sweetness that goes perfectly with the tart, slightly sweet balsamic vinegar. Making this whole dish absolutely amazing!
Make this tonight and ‘wow’ your guests!
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4 or 8 (when chicken breasts are cut in half)
- 4 large organic free range chicken breasts
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 cups organic unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup organic unrefined coconut oil
- 1-2 cups organic coconut flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 organic peaches, grilled
- organic mixed greens
- organic balsamic vinegar
- organic extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
*** Toss greens with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Then top with the cubed grilled peaches. Serve as a side salad
- Heat 2 large skillets over medium heat (if you have 1 pan big enough for all the chicken thats fine, I had to use 2 pans). Add 1/4 cup coconut oil to both pans. (if using 1 pan, add 1/2 cup coconut oil). Also Preheat oven to 350F degrees
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Really add a good amount!
- In a dish (big enough for a chicken breast to fit) whisk together the two eggs.
- Put the coconut flour and coconut flakes in two separate dishes.
- Now time to coat the chicken! Dip the chicken breasts in the coconut flour, really coat both sides well.
- Next dip the now flour coated breasts into the egg mixture. Again really coat both sides.
- Lastly dip the now egg coated breast into the coconut flakes. Once again really coat both sides.
- Once all your chicken breasts are coated, put them in the hot skillet.
- Once you notice the bottom getting brown, flip the chicken over and brown the other side, about 5 min each side.
- When both sides have a nice brown crust on them, pop the skillets into the oven. (make sure you are using pans that can go in the oven).
- Bake the chicken for about 15-20 minutes until the inside is no longer pink.
- Serve immediately with your side salad! Prepare to be knocked out.
A girl who dreams of delicious recipes,