Raw cookie dough balls? What in the world could be better?! Well, maybe chocolate sauce and puppies. Puppies covered in chocolate sauce…? Anyway, whether this is better than chocolate or puppies, these are very delicious! Whenever I make cookies I always end up eating half of the dough before it gets put into the oven. It’s the best part, by far. And it’s not just with cookies, I’ll eat half of any dough, batter, or ingredients before I actually end up finishing them. I just like to munch, and munch and munch.
Well I had this great idea, why not make raw cookie dough that I can just eat as is? Why not? So, I did! I wasn’t sure how these were going to taste, because I was just going with the flow. Throwing different ingredients in. A dash of this, a pour of that – mix – taste – more dashes – more pours. Taste. Taste some more. Okay, taste one more time to be sure. Mmmmm, I think I’ve done it!
The consistency is like raw cookie dough but a little stickier. The flavors are exactly (no, they are better) like a wonderful tasting oatmeal raisin cookie, but before it gets put into a hot oven! I’m not sure if I have too much cinnamon, though. You see, I have a cinnamon addiction. I start with a few dashes, but then I get all crazy and end up dumping half the jar in (in almost everything I eat/drink). So, when I make baked goods with cinnamon, I can’t taste it very much with just a “normal” amount. I add more and more and more until I can slightly taste it. I think I need to go off of it for a little bit to reprogram my taste buds. In this recipe I put about 2 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon in, so the “normal” amount for “normal” people would be about 1 teaspoon. But, like always you can adjust to your taste buds.
These cookie dough balls are very good! And the cashew butter gives it an added flavor, which makes it all the more better. Slightly sweet, crunchy, oatmeal tasting deliciousness, packed into one little bite. BAMMM! (Emerald style)
You may adjust this recipe to your liking. Don’t like/have cashew butter? Use any nut butter! Don’t want walnuts? Use any nut! Not a fan of raisins? Leave them out! See? Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy.
INGREDIENTS: Makes about 12-14 small dough balls
- 3/4 cup organic oat flour (make sure it’s GF)
- 1/2 cup organic raw oats (make sure it’s GF)
- 1/4 cup organic raw cashew butter
- 2-3 tablespoons raw honey (for vegans: use maple syrup, raw coconut nectar)
- “accidental pour of vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup organic raisins
- 1/4 cup organic dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped organic sprouted walnuts
- pinch of himalayan sea salt
- 3 organic pitted dates (optional – for added sweetness)
- In a food processor, process all ingredients EXCEPT raisins, oats, chocolate chips and walnuts. Once you have a good dough mixture, gently pulse in the raisins, oats, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Form into balls and keep stored in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy the delicious raw doughiness!
A girl who loves raw cookie dough and chocolate and puppies,