Summer is all about BBQ’s and camping. What better way to spend a summer than to grill bananas? Grilled bananas are beyond delicious! The banana becomes so soft and delicate, releasing the sweet juices creating such a mouth-watering bite. But wait. It gets even better. You not only have the sweet, soft, caramelized banana. Combine that with the perfectly melted marshmallows, the slightly sweet but also slightly bitter dark chocolate and then the added crunch of the flawless roasted walnuts. BAM! All of that in one perfect bite. Prepare to be mind blown… Seriously. I’m going to leave the kitchen now, but first I’ll stuff my face a little bit more.
Go turn your grill on or start a campfire somewhere. Maybe the neighbors yard?
INGREDIENTS: Serves 1
- 1 organic perfectly yellowed banana
- organic non-gmo vegan marshmallows (usually found at any health food stores)
- organic extra dark chocolate (88+ please!)
- organic raw walnuts
- foil and a grill or fire pit
* Get creative! Add any toppings you like. Fill the banana up, or barely fill it at all. Do your thing and have fun with it!
- Take your banana and only peel up a small piece of the skin. Then slightly dig a little well in the middle of the whole banana.
- Fill it up with all your toppings! Remember, get creative!
- Once its filled with all the toppings. Fold the peel flap back over the banana.
- Now wrap the whole thing tightly in foil.
- Throw it on the grill or in the campfire.
- It will take about 5 minutes. It’s done when all your chocolate and marshmallows are melted.
- Now devour it. Eat right out of the banana. Top with homemade vanilla ice cream, whip cream or just eat it as is!
A girl who now wants to be a monkey,